Natural Factors Flaxseed Oil is derived from the highest quality certified organic flax. The flaxseed oil is extracted using an exclusive chemical-free process, often referred to as “cold processed,” that does not use harmful solvents like alcohol, hexane or organic chlorines. The oil is not refined or bleached, ensuring a pure, healthy oil that provides the important essential fatty acids that support good health.
- Certified organic flaxseed
- Locally grown in Alberta, Canada
- Excellent source of omega-3 fatty acid
- Helps to maintain healthy cholesterol levels
- Protects against cardiovascular disease
OmegaFactors Certified Organic Flaxseed Oil is derived from certified organic Canadian flax, grown in Alberta, and high in the omega-3 fatty acids. These fatty acids may help maintain healthy triglyceride and cholesterol levels, protecting against cardiovascular disease.
Lignans, found in flaxseeds, are valuable phytoestrogens that help to maintain normal estrogen levels and they may protect against certain cancers, particularly hormone-sensitive cancers, such as breast, endometrium and prostate cancer. Studies showing a protective effect are suggestive, not conclusive.
Solvent-free, cold-pressed (below 40 degrees Celsius), OmegaFactors Certified Organic Flaxseed Oil is not refined, deodorized or bleached and is regularly tested for peroxides, guaranteeing the freshest possible product. A small amount of vitamin E has been added to prevent oxidation.
Note: “lignins”. Although related structurally, they have in common a cinnamic acid residue and may be synthesized in a similar pathway, they differ in their biological effects. Lignins are a type of insoluble fibre found in plant cell walls and they do not have the anti-estrogen effects that lignans do.
Each softgel contains:
- Organic flaxseed oil: 1000 mg
- Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA): 530 mg
- Oleic acid (OA): 137 mg
- Linoleic acid (LA): 120 mg
- Organic ground flaxseed: 27.5 mg
- 1 softgel morning and evening with meal
This is a Halal product
* No medical claims are made or implied for any product and these are being sold as Nutritional/Dietary Supplements. Use as suggested or as advised by healthcare provider.